California Chinese Engineers Association (CCEAF) Introduction
The CCEA Foundation is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nonsectarian cultural and educational organization incorporated in Sacramento, California. The goal of the Foundation is to promote the mutual understanding and corporation between Chinese American communities and general public, to facilitate the education among Chinese Americans on Chinese culture and heritage, to provide financial aids to students for college education, and to provide peer collaboration among members to advance the engineering profession and improve their engineering practices.
The Objectives of CCEAF are:
- To encourage and participate local community activities that promotes the mutual understanding and corporation between Chinese American communities and general public;
- To facilitate and support publications, lectures, workshops, celebrations and other programs that honor Chinese culture and heritage and its contribution to the American experiences;
- To provide scholarships for qualified high school seniors, college and graduate students based on merits, financial needs, and special talents;
- To provide member engineers with current information and tools to enhance their engineering practice and opportunities for peer collaboration; and
- To raise funds to advance the goals and objectives of the Foundation described above, and to support organizations and institutions with like purpose that is permissible by laws, rules and regulations concerning the tax-exempt status of the Foundation.
The CCEAF, as a co-sponsor of RMHC/API Achiever Scholarship Program since 2004, is entitled to select the award recipients. A Committee, chaired by a Board Director of CCEA, was formed every year to select applicants among high school senior students. A total of 26 high school senior students, as of the year of 2009, have been awarded to receive this scholarship.
2010 Larmon Luo Franklin High School Gary Duan Mira Loma High School Kevin Qi Davis Senior High School 2009 Sida Aaron Ding Jesuit High School University of Calfiornia, San Diego Joyce S. Li Folsom High School University of California, Irvine Tony Y. Tang John F. Kennedy High School University of California, Davis Lisa Wang Granite Bay High School University of California, Berkeley 2008 Jane Z. Li Rio Americano High School University of California, Berkeley John M. Liu Folsom High School Duke University 2007 Di Di Davis Senior High School University of California, Berkeley Huiting (Christine) Feng Mira Loma High School University of California, San Diego Joshua Zhaochen Qin Franklin High School University of Pennsylvania Mary Wu Woodcreek High School University of California, Berkeley Angela Yu Franklin High School University of Calfiornia, Los Angeles 2006 Chien-Wei Kung* University of California, Davis Larkin Xi Luo Franklin High School Johns Hopkins University Donghui Wei Mira Loma High School University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign Jenny Zha Granite Bay High School University of Southern California Jessica Jiachen Zhang Davis Senior High School University of California, Berkeley Jessica Yao Zou Folsom High School University of California, Irvine 2005 Anna Hang Chen Davis Senior High School Harvard University David Chien-Yuan Kung* University of Calfiornia, Los Angeles Xuan Li Granite Bay High School University of California, San Diego Zhiqiong Maria Long Rio Americano High School University of California, Berkeley Hao David Wu Bella Vista High School New York University 2004 Sicai Theresa Chen Northgate High School University of Pennsylvania Kenan Wang Granite Bay High School University of Califronia, Berkeley Yi Zhang Folsom High School California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo Rae Zhou Laguna Creek High School University of Calfironia, Berkeley
* was a college student when receiving the scholarship. Limited to high school seniors since 2007.